Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post-Amarok questions: related songs and auto-scoring

Jason Bodnar wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:54:24 +0200, Marcin Kasperski wrote
- easy access to songs related to the currently playing song (other
songs from the same album, other songs by the same singer). My usage scenario is: I mostly listen to random songs (in rhythmbox this means shuffle mode on on whole collection), but often I decide I'd like to listen to more songs of the current artist. In amarok I see his albums on the left, I can right-click some album and enqueue it to the playlist. Is rhythmbox able to do sth similar?

Ctl-j will make sure the browser is on the song you're listening to and then
right click on it and you'll see menu options for Browse This
{Genre,Artists,Album}.

Yes, that's true, but it then it will only play from that album until you browse the whole collection once more. You'll find that there is no equivalent in Rhythmbox to a "Now Playing" playlist. You either play the Music directly in the browser, or create a playlist and play that. Just mess with it and you'll see what I mean. To my knowledge, there's not a good gnome player that works like Amarok does in that regard.

So if you want to keep in "Shuffle mode", right click the song, "Browse this Album", Select all the songs, and then right click and select "Add to Play Queue". That ensures that they will be played next. And then clear out of the album filter so that all songs are visible again. Hope that makes sense.