Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Post-Amarok questions: related songs and auto-scoring

Christophe Fergeau wrote:
Yes, that's true, but it then it will only play from that album until you
browse the whole collection once more. You'll find that there is no
equivalent in Rhythmbox to a "Now Playing" playlist.

What about the Play queue special playlist ? I think when it's empty,
it resumes playing back whatever it was playing before.

Christophe

That's how it works alright. But the Play Queue is not equivalent to a "Now Playing" playlist, which was what I trying to say. The play queue is more a like a "play this next but then forget you played it" queue.

This is very different from Amarok where you have basically a playlist which Amarok will always play from. You can search music all day and it won't affect what is played next until you tell it to play it. Rhythmbox on the other hand will play from a playlist, or from the music browser or from the play queue.