Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Status of the GDA/SQLite backend

On 1/25/08, Thomas Zander <thomas e zander googlemail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the project policy concerning the GDA/SQLite backend?
> Currently, the tree backend is the default. Will it still be the case
> in the not too distant future? Is GDA eventually supposed to become
> the default? Will several backends be equally supported?
> I'm just curious if it might be worth the extra effort of implementing
> GDA/MySQL support.

The GDA backend might once have worked in the 0.8.x series, but it
won't even compile now. The code hasn't been touched, aside from a few
mechanical updates, in about three years. I'm not aware of anyone
planning to work on it at all. I don't think there's anything to be
gained by using a relational database for on-disk storage instead of
the current xml format.