Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Copying vorbis files into removable media

On Jan 26, 2008 9:07 AM, Daniel K. O. <danielko listas gmail com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm using Rhythmbox 0.11.2.
> I have a portable mp3 player (with a samsung chipset); it plays Ogg
> Vorbis files just fine, but somehow Rhythmbox refuses to copy anything
> but mp3 files into it.
>
> I think the problem is rb_removable_media_source_get_mime_types()
> returning wrong/default values; but I can't figure out how it could
> return anything but NULL (I don't see where impl_get_mime_types is
> initialized to anything), so I'm lost on how to fix this (other than
> comment out all the mime type check).

I'm guessing that this is a generic USB mass storage device (not MTP
or something else). Rhythmbox gets information about supported formats
from HAL, so it sounds like the HAL device info is incorrect.

You can override the HAL device info using a .is_audio_player file, as
described here: http://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox/FAQ