Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Plugins

Hi there,

I've seen the LastRhythm plugin, but all I have now are ideas and a few sample code. I'm not sure where it will go, and how much it will differ from LastRhythm (it will not be the same, that's for sure). If you are interested, I have done a plugin that automatically gets a similar song of the one playing and puts that in the queue. It uses Last.fm and is availiable somewhere in the Wiki or the mailing-list (sorry I cant find it from you, I'm not at home). It is not well tested and I havent developed it further, but you can try it and if you find any bugs I can fix them.

About Rhythmbox blocking with LastRhythm, that should'nt happen. I've done a few plugins getting information from the internet, and none of them had to block the UI. That is probably a problem in LastRhythm. I will take a look if I can help it in anyway.

Bye,
Alexandre

On Feb 17, 2008 10:17 PM, giopas <linux giopas eu> wrote:

Christophe Fergeau ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/2/15, Alexandre <airmind gmail com>:
>
>> I have done a few plugins for Rhythmbox, but only now I got to write about
>> them. I created a webpage at
>> http://airmind.googlepages.com/rhythmboxplugins and posted
>> some info on them.
>>

> Looks great, thanks for sharing them! I guess you could mention them
> on http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/ThirdParty if you feel like
> it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Christophe

Hi Alexandre,

I've seen on your plugin-page that you're trying to implement:

> # Last.fm recommendations. This is much more complex then I first
> thought. I have most of what I want in my mind, but it will be hard to
> implement it all.

I don't know if you already know, but there is lastrythm plugin that
seems to do the same thing you'd like to do:
http://usrportage.de/archives/763-the-last-rhythm-for-me.html

Indeed such plugin works well, but at every new song it make rb hang for
some seconds while is retrieving song's info. Maybe you could contact
the author for integrate it with last-fm plugin, make your own changes
(so that there is just one plugin for whole infos retrieved from
last.fm, and you can just set if you want to search for current song
recommendation, cover arts, etc... or not), and share it to us :)

Thanks for your work!

enjoy, ;)
giopas

ps: I've just read that you know about lastrhythm... so, what in
particular your plugin would be different from lastrhythm in?

--
"The paradigm of competition is a race: by
rewarding the winner, we encourage everyone