Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] DAAP refreshing patch

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 02:49:25PM +0000, Jay L. T. Cornwall wrote:
> Lee Aylward wrote:
>
> > I have however found an issue with the Rhythmbox DAAP sharing implimentation.
> > It seems that the DB revision number is not incrimented when songs are
> > removed. I am going to take a look at fixing this next.
>
> Have you updated to the most recent version of Firefly? Development of
> (old-named) mt-daapd has been superseded by:
>    http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/
>
> I believe a lot of Linux distributions still package quite an old
> version which may have bugs that have been fixed since. Drop a note on
> the Firefly forum if the problem persists in a newer version; the
> developers are quite responsive.

The issue still exists with the latest Firefly nightly. I did make mention of
it on the Firefly forums, and was told it could be added to the next release.
I also noticed the same issue with Rhythmbox DAAP shares, but I believe
this is something that can be easily fixed.

In any case, this patch will still remove lost tracks if the DB revision is
increased. So no changes should be needed once this issue is fixed in
Firefly and Rhythmbox.

--
Lee Aylward