Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] question: i moved my music library folder but them all my points or stars for my songs disappeared.

On Feb 4, 2008 9:53 AM, Piotr Gaczkowski <doomhammerng gmail com> wrote:
Wouldn't
it be better to store such metadata either in Tracker or whatever
metatacker one uses or to identify tracks by some UUIDs (eg. MusicDNS
PUIDs) instead of simply location?

Files like to move around, y'know and ratings are really precious data
not to be lost under any circumstances. After all - you could just
rerip your music and here it is again, but there's no way to resume
your carefully tailored user prefs.

Sure, but RB supersedes Beagle/Tracker/etc. I'm sure media players would be interested in a new backend, it just ain't there yet. You working on a patch? ;)