Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] DAAP refreshing patch

Lee Aylward wrote:

I wasn't able to get much feedback to this approach from IRC, so hopefully
someone can chime in here. I have been using this patch for a few weeks now
with no adverse effects.

I've been looking for a patch to do this. Will give it a try shortly.

I have however found an issue with the Rhythmbox DAAP sharing implimentation.
It seems that the DB revision number is not incrimented when songs are
removed. I am going to take a look at fixing this next.

Have you updated to the most recent version of Firefly? Development of (old-named) mt-daapd has been superseded by:
  http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/

I believe a lot of Linux distributions still package quite an old version which may have bugs that have been fixed since. Drop a note on the Firefly forum if the problem persists in a newer version; the developers are quite responsive.

--
Jay L. T. Cornwall
http://www.jcornwall.me.uk/