Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [new plugin] alarm clock

>Andrew Conkling wrote:
>
>Hi Mathias,
>
>I've tried to use a bit your plugin, and I like how you've implemented it.
>
>However I had some problems:
>
>1. yesterday I was able to set the plugin according to my needs, but
>when I clicked "ok" the windows didn't accept input (so that I had to
>close the window with "x" - altF4 - without saving my choices)

This was probably caused by the same error as below

>2. today, just in order to give you a better feedback on it, I've
>started rhythmbox from command line "rhythmbox -n -d" but I receive the
>following error when I tried to set up your plugin:
>
>> (21:29:17) [0x80dc408] [window_focus_cb] rb-mmkeys-plugin.c:118:
>> window got focus, re-grabbing media keys
>> (21:29:17) [0x80dc408] [window_focus_cb] rb-mmkeys-plugin.c:118:
>> window got focus, re-grabbing media keys
>> (21:29:19) [0x80dc408] [rb_plugin_find_file] rb-plugin.c:255: found
>> '/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/alarm-clock/alarmclock.glade'
>> when searching for file 'alarmclock.glade' for plugin 'alarm-clock'
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File
>> "/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/alarm-clock/__init__.py", line
>> 273, in show_conf_dialog
>>     load_dialog_values(widgets)
>>   File
>> "/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/alarm-clock/__init__.py", line
>> 221, in load_dialog_values
>>    * dt = datetime.datetime.strptime(date,
>> locale.nl_langinfo(locale.D_FMT))
>> AttributeError: type object 'datetime.datetime' has no attribute
>> 'strptime'*

This error comes because you are not using python 2.5. I
have fixed the problem now in svn.It should work with
older pythons now. I dont have testet it my selves since i
dont have any pc with python 2.4. Please tell me if it
is still not working.

>Anyway, as Andrew already told you, someone already implemented a
>similar plugin:
>
>1. alarmclock-1.2.tar.bz2 (http://fabien.carrion.free.fr)
>2. rb-alarmclock-0.4 (http://bgarret.free.fr/blog/?page_id=8)
>
>However, the second does not work anymore (at least for me), and  the
>second has some minor problems (like it does not play the playlist you
>have selected, or other).

I cant get any of them to work properly.

>For this reason, I encourage you - if it's possible, 'cause I'm not a
>code literate at all - to merge your plugin with Fabien's one, so that
>it could became stable and 100% complete (I'm a rhythmbox plugin fun,
>because it's probably the most used application).

Dont think I'm am going to do a merge, but I am open for
feature requests or other feedback, but I think a plug-in
like this should be kept relatively simple. Playlist
selection is coming. Fading is already implemented, but
it is hard coded to 10 seconds only. I can put in a gconf
key for it, but dont think it is necessary to have that
in the GUI.