Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] idle rhythmbox

> AFAICT from binding a strace to RB when its doing nothing there's lots
> of gettimeofday, poll and ioctl running every second. Sample attached.
> Not sure what else needs to be done from here.

The strace is just a way to see if there are unnecessary wakeups.
There's a gdb trick mentioned, for which you'd need a glib compiled with
debugging (or, on Fedora, just install the glib2-debuginfo package).

Yea, I got that far :-) I'm trying to put some printf 's in the code
but they don't appear to work. Is there an equivalent to write debug
stuff out to the console that its run from for a gnome app?

Pete