[Rhythmbox-devel] ubuntu m4a

Every time I try to play an m4a file in RB I get the following message

** Message: don't know how to handle audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4,
framed=(boolean)true, codec_data=(buffer)1210, rate=(int)44100,
channels=(int)2

I have googled around and checked the ubuntu forums and installed all
of the gst-plugins-bad/ugly for both normal and multiverse packages
and still nothing.  All of the posts claim that this is all that is
necessary to get m4a to work.

I am running ubuntu 7.04 and I have, and this may be where the problem
is, added the musix sources which are some of the advanced sound
packages (jack, rosegarden, ardour etc).  This comes with the 2.5-1
version of libfaad-2.0.

In addition I have tried

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location="song.m4a" ! faad ! alsasink
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "faad"

even though

gst-inspect-0.10 | grep faad
faad:  faad: AAC audio decoder

Any thoughts? Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

John