Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox plugin writing guide (was: Auto-rate plugin)

Great!
I see that there is room for some explanation of the RB internals and
I think that's something important. Back when I started the equalizer
plugin, I had not much difficulty bringing a working initial code (I
merely just copied the provided sample-lugin), but much more finding
how to simply had a widget to the UI (I still don't understand clearly
how plugins put buttons in the toolbar...).

cheers,
Christophe.

On 2/19/07, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 23:26 -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> There is a (very basic) start to a plugin guide at:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/WritingGuide

I'd starting writing an actual "plugin writing guide" a little while
back, but had never gotten around to making it usable.

I've just uploaded the first part of it the above wiki page. I have some
more written which needs some cleanup - I'll try to have more uploaded
in the next few days.

If anyone had any comments/suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Every now and then, Google doesn't throw up what I need so I start
checking Altavista, Yahoo, etc. In almost every single case, I am