Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox pre-release, and landing of generic audio player write support

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 11:24 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On 2/12/07, Ed Catmur <ed catmur co uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 01:35 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> > > It's a tasteful X, but I'd prefer nothing:
> > > http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/975/rbcoverartzb8.png
> >
> > Ah.  That's wrong; it should be the Rhythmbox icon.  Currently it uses
> > "gnome-media-player"; maybe that should be changed to "rhythmbox"?
>
> Not sure, but apparently (if only in Ubuntu) the icon isn't being
> registered correctly.
Hm - "gnome-media-player" isn't in hicolor, but "rhythmbox" is.  This
might be the problem.

> > > As for the tooltip, why not just show no image unless we know we have a cover?
> >
> > Because when the cover arrives, the tooltip will change size and/or
> > location, which looks bad.
>
> I know when I worked on my tooltips code, I had to remap the tooltip
> each time my song changed, so perhaps this should be remapped when the
> status of cover art changes? I don't think it'd be bad to show a
> narrow tooltip that widens by (say) 33% when the cover art arrives.
> But that's just my opinion. :)

Oh yeah, but you still get flicker... I can't really remember; anyway,
James changed it to not show a placeholder icon a few days ago.  I'll
compile current svn and see if it breaks anything.

Ed