Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox pre-release, and landing of generic audio player write support

On 2/6/07, Ed Catmur <ed catmur co uk> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 14:54 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> Also, the X image that shows up with no cover art is a bit
> distracting. I'd expect that it'd just disappear and show nothing.
> Should I file a RFE on that?

X image?  It should display something reasonably tasteful.  Do you have
a screenshot?

It's a tasteful X, but I'd prefer nothing:
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/975/rbcoverartzb8.png

Not sure where you mean for the "no cover art" image to be hidden - if
in the tooltip/notification area, we have the problem that we don't know
for a while until we have cover art or not, so in either case we'd have
an image appearing or disappearing, very distracting.  If in the main
UI, the "no cover art" is a DND destination and will soon have a
right-click menu to set or search for art.

As for the tooltip, why not just show no image unless we know we have a cover?

Cheers,
Andrew