Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feedback on album cover support

On 2/12/07, Christophe Dehais <christophe dehais gmail com> wrote:
I don't know how the cover art plugin is done but I'm wondering if the
'provider' aspect (retrieving covers from amazon, getting it from
disk, handling a data base of covers) is well split from the 'display'
aspect. Doing so, and providing a good interface for any other plugin
to access cover images could leverage any use of it, such as an
album-oriented browser, a media-center-like fullscreen mode or a shiny
OpenGL based cover display, or anything else.

Might I also add that Banshee retrieves the cover art from the
MusicBrainz tag if present, whereas Rhythmbox does not. MBz support
would go a long way, at least for me.