Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Tray Icon Usability & Minor Changes

On 2/5/07, Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr> wrote:

Actually I prefer the way it is, and as noted in another mail, it's more
sensible to just change rb volume for an incoming sip call for example
than the overall sound volume. For multimedia keys, altought it is more
and more common, you can't still rely on it since support varies from
keyboard to keyboard (and some don't generate the same events than
others, ...).

If I had an incoming SIP call I believe I would pause the music rather
than just lowering the volume (but that's just me!). Anyway, would it
be too difficult to let the user choose what usage will the tray icon
have?

In fact, it would also be nice if the user could also assign other
actions, besides volume up/down or track skipping, to combinations
such as Ctrl + Middle Mouse Button or whatever. Has anyone used the
Systray plugin for XMMS? Some options could be:

- Toggle Shuffte Mode on/off
- Toggle Repeat on/off
- Next Album????
- Switch Source