Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] play queue

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 04:50:11PM +0200, Christophe Dehais wrote:

> Also I really can't see the point why duplicated songs were not
> allowed in the first place. What use case this feature (or lack of)
> breaks ?

It's mostly due to implementation details, but the exact semantics of
having multiple instances of an entry in shuffle and random play orders
would also need to be worked out.  So far, no one has yet cared enough
to seriously try to fix it.

> I see the PlayQueue as a 'would be' playlist. If it comes that a
> session was interesting enough to be save as a playlist, then the user
> should be given the chance to save it for re-use.

Or, you could use a regular playlist.  If a session was not interesting
enough to save, you can delete it.  What's the difference?