Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] play queue

Dmitry Golubev wrote:
>> Maybe shuffle in the play queue could be handled separately,
>> effectively changing its semantic to a 'bag' where songs are being
>> removed randomly.
>>

> that is unexpected, imho.
>

>> I see the PlayQueue as a 'would be' playlist. If it comes that a
>> session was interesting enough to be save as a playlist, then the user
>> should be given the chance to save it for re-use.
>>

> yeah, it sounds reasonable to have a "save as playlist" feature as well...
> but then there is one more button to be added to queue view: "show all" or
> "show unplayed only". if the feature is implemented, then songs will
> not be removed from queue, but hidden. but then again, other views may
> benifit from this button as well, so it might be global (i.e., shows only the
> tracks that were not played in this session yet (where session being
> understood as the time between to starts (playing starts, not application
> starts))
>

>> Also I really can't see the point why duplicated songs were not
>> allowed in the first place. What use case this feature (or lack of)
>> breaks ?
>>

> probably someone had an idea to help users ;)
>
> Also, what's up with that odd behavior when the rb is jumping to the frst
> song it sees when i am just browsing the library? why is the library
> being equated to a playlist? i might be searching for a song, and it just
> jumps to the start when i don't want to...
>
> Dmitry

What about making "Bag" list, seperate from the play queue and the
playlists.  It could be a more temporary playlist that could be
shuffled, but perhaps have some of the functionality of the play queue,
I'm not sure what though.

Personally, I see the current arragement providing me with everything I
need.  I use the play queue when I want a specific song played next, and
then let it fall back on the playlist I was using.

Matt