Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Print playlists

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 18:07 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> On 9/5/06, John Drouhard <jdrouhard myrealbox com> wrote:
> > My idea is to have the ability to print a playlist from directly
> > within rhythmbox. Say I made a playlist that I'm going to burn for
> > my friends (ignore the legality of this for the time being). It
> > would be very convenient to print the list with artist, album,
> > genre, whatever
> > information so I wouldn't have to write it all out.
> >
> > The fields printed should be customizable. If the print plugin is
> > active, an appropriate location for bringing up the dialog would be
> > under the Music menu item. Music -> Print current playlist.
>
> It would be a fun way to play with cairo and the new gtk printing API.

Just doing a basic printout shouldn't be too hard.

What could be more "interesting" is if we wanted layout templates to put
the information into. I'm sure there exists something that can merge a
template with RB-generated data to send to the printer; maybe some
XSLT-related thing?

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"We're standing there pounding a dead parrot on the counter, and the
management response is to frantically swap in new counters to see if