Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GUI mockup... let's get this sorted once and for all

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 01:21 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> In regards to the new Sound Juicer icon, I think the Rhythmbox icon
> should be a picture of a box that shakes with nodes coming out of it.
> Hence, Rhythmbox.

Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, I'll whip up some drafts
tomorrow when I get the time. The biggest problem when designing an icon
like this though, is that you have to think of how it will look at 22x22
and even 16x16...

> I think that's because pictures speaks louder than words, but patches
> speaks even louder =)

This is an extremely valid point Martin, but you also have to remember
that we contribute in any way we CAN... I don't know any C, therefore I
can't immediately whip up a patch, however I do know art and user
interface design, so I'll try my best in that respect.

This is also why I look forward to the Python plugin architecture, as
then I WILL be able to submit some code. Hopefully the devs will find a
way to allow us to build on the GUI using the plugins. Plus I'll help
out with the website if it's needed.

Also, things like this should be mocked up, discussed and agreed upon
before doing the coding anyway, so as to minimise wasted code and, more
importantly, time.