Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Multi User Rhythmbox

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 07:33 -0500, David Berg wrote:
> On 6/4/06, Joel Plane <joel plane gmail com> wrote:
> > You could try this:
> >
> > Ctrl+Alt+2 to get to tty2 assuming its not being used. Log in as your
> > 'music' user.
> >
> > startx -e rhythmbox -- :1
> >
> > then you could use Ctrl+Alt+7 and Ctrl+Alt+8 to switch between you
> > normal session and the newly created rhythmbox session.
>
> I've alreay thought of this and may go this route but would prefer to
> keep it within my own session and not have to switch terminals to
> change playlists or see what song is playing.

What about setting up a streaming server that would allow you to use a
browser interface to control the music? Just add the stream to rhythmbox
as a new Internet Radio source. Personally, I run slimserver
(http://www.slimdevices.com). Your wife could then change songs, stop
the stream, etc., from a browser, without having to have access to your
rhythmbox process.