Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Multi User Rhythmbox

David Berg wrote:
The problem is that if I start a playlist then let the screen lock
with the music playing, my wife can't stop or change what is on.  I'd
like to be able to allow her to do so.  I'm not sure what the best way
to do this would be, but if there were a way she could control my
rhythmbox process or we could both control a shared process that would
work well.

I stumbled upon the same unwanted feature a couple of days ago. Being a multi user client-server multimedia player probably doesn't fit Rhythmbox roadmap, but I think that user switching in Gnome is broken in this regard. Music shouldn't continue to be played when the user is changed. That way the other users would at least have control over what they are listening to, which they currently don't.

I think I'm going to file a bug about this (though I'm not sure which would be the correct product), but I'm not sure whether this addresses your needs at all. Anyway, I guess that there are other music players which are designed to be used by multiple users at the same time and would probably serve you better than Rhythmbox.

Eetu