Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Patches for discussion

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 00:29 -0800, Marc E. wrote:
> Personally I think that dialog is badly designed. Big waste of space,
> not pretty. Check out Gaim 2's plugin dialog, just a List with
> checkboxes and a description in the bottom.
>
> I believe the simpler and more usable, the better. A list allows for
> find-as-you-type, besides you could add icons if you wanted, etc.

That looks fairly nice. The only real differences are that the stuff I
had on the right is below inside a disclosure, and the plugin list has a
short description below the name of each plugin.

The former will take about 30 seconds to change in glade, and the latter
is mostly a matter of adding support for "short descriptions" to the
plugin info file.

I'll whip up a modified patch for people to take a look at.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been.
    -- Gerald Ford