Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Patches for discussion

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 19:51 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 00:29 -0800, Marc E. wrote:
> > Personally I think that dialog is badly designed. Big waste of space,
> > not pretty. Check out Gaim 2's plugin dialog, just a List with
> > checkboxes and a description in the bottom.
> >
> The former will take about 30 seconds to change in glade, and the latter
> is mostly a matter of adding support for "short descriptions" to the
> plugin info file.
>
> I'll whip up a modified patch for people to take a look at.

http://ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/plugins1.png
http://ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/plugins2.png
http://ids.org.au/~jrl/rhythmbox/rb-plugins.patch.bz2

That patch is the latest version (against cvs) if any wants to play with
it.

I'm not entirely sure that I like the "configure plugins" button being
in the main button bar - as things there normally apply to the entire
dialog, not just what you have selected. But overall it looks better.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
would also stop you from doing clever things.