Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Patches for discussion

Given that the majority of people won't want or need multiple locations,
I don't think we should make it harder for them to use because of a
minority. However if we can add it in a way that doesn't annoy people
who don't want to use it, it's good for both groups.

I personally like the "additional library locations" button idea,
because it is easily ignorable by people who don't want it; they either
won't press the button, or they will press it, read the description and
then close the dialog because they don't want the feature. It also
reinforces the fact that the location selected in the main preferences
is more important, as it is the "primary" library location that would
get used for CD ripping, copying off ipods, etc.

I don't know. Speaking for myself, I have an unsorted directory and a sorted directory. They are both in my homedirectory, and I don't want to use ~ as my library location. I download/rip my music into my unsorted directory and then move it to sorted when I have verified tags/cover art etc. I'd like to be able to get at both I don't think this is a very unusual setup.

Regardless, I agree that the additional library location is a good comprimise. Easily ignored and usuable!

jsk