Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Patches for discussion

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 23:25 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> [Plugin Manager UI]
>
> I prefer the Banshee layout, because you can read the description of
> the plugin without having to press an About botton.
>
> What if the layout were like Banshee
> http://banshee-project.org/images/c/c3/Banshee-plugin-manager.png
>
> but on the first time the user clicks on the plugin name, the plugin
> adds its description to a text file/database somewhere in
> ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox ?
>
> Or Rhythmbox could first check the plugin database to see, if the
> description is added, if not ,load the plugin, and add the
> description.

I've just realised that what I wrote confused even myself. The plugin
information is already stored outside of the plugin code, in the
".rb-plugin" file. It's just the configuration widgets that require the
plugin to be loaded.

The "about" pane would always be shown, and the "preferences" pane could
magically appear when the plugin is enabled.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
> What's that word, it means you feel small and red, starts with an M?
Management. -- Simon Fraser replying to Peter da Silva in asr.