Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Idea for new progress slider

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:09:25 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote
> > Another optional progress meter could be a digital/LED-style timer (either
> > countdown or count up, user selectable) with two arrows underneat. Press and
> > hold on a button and it moves in that direction. The longer you hold the
> > faster it goes. Or do as some DVD players do: Press once for 2x, twice for 4x,
> > thrice for 8x and so on.
>
> I don't understand why there are two arrows? Do you have a picture of
> such slider?

One arrow to go backward, one to go forward:

03:11
<- ->

> Can GST at all play at other then default speed?

Whiel it would be great if gst/rb could play the audio in the direction and
speed you were seeking in it's not necessary. When you drag on the current
track meter it doesn't play the audio. It just picks up where you drop the slider.

With my suggested progress meter it would decrease/increase the clock while
you hold down the button and audio would pick back up when you release. You
could even make it so you could manually enter the time position.

--
Jason Bodnar
jason shakabuku org

UnWired Buyer. The best way to win on eBay. Period.
http://www.unwiredbuyer.com