Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Idea for new progress slider

I like the idea, even though it's somewhat unusual. I'd like to add to
it though: I think it's (somewhat) important to be able to seek to far
ends of the song sometimes. So even if centered on the current playing
position, the progress bar should cover the entire track's length. In
order to have a very high resolution near the current playing position,
it could be scaled logarithmically or something, so as to be able to
easily jump back both 10 seconds ("Did you hear that riff") and 15
minutes or something on audiobooks ("I forgot to pause it when the phone
rang...")

None-linear slider sounds like a good idea to me.

I think it would take getting used to but would evolve into a powerful
tool once you're used to it. In order to get used to the scaling, there
might be tickmarks indicating like 10s back, 1m back, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that can be done as 10s
back will have a different location when there have gone 1 second.

Won't the tick marks have to adapt constantly?

Also, since it's not the default way of doing progress bars, it should
be optional, but advertised... ;)

Probably =)