Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Pre-release

John Russell scripst:
> 1) Please add the files
>   codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
> 2) You will also need config.guess and config.sub, which you can get from
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/.
>
> 3) You should update your 'aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
> Putting files in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, 'macros'.
> Running aclocal-1.7...
> aclocal: configure.ac: 915: macro `AM_PATH_CHECK' not found in library

I think you can safely ignore both of these (my colleague in work is one
of the upstream developers of autotools and he just made some not-nice
comments about Gnome developers, but claimed that these should be safe to
ignore, and I managed to compile CVS version of rhythmbox while ignoring
them.

> 4) I bring all this up because make fails with this:
> make[4]: *** No rule to make target
> `../../plugins/audioscrobbler/audioscrobbler-ui.xml', needed by
> `all-am'.  Stop.

This is probably the real problem, but I have no idea how to deal with it.

> which may have to do with the autogen.sh errors.

I don't think so.

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

Do not long for the night, when people vanish in their place.
Be careful, do not turn to evil; for you have preferred this to
affliction.
      -- Job 36:20f (NASB)