Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Writing to iPod

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 09:45:15 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote
> > which, I'm guessing means, that lipipoddevice does not yet support the new
> > clip style Shuffle or a recent software update. (iTunes updated my Shuffle
> > when I tested it under Windows). I'm emailing the Banshee list to confirm and
> > see if I can help with supporting it.
>
> Keep in mind that rhythmbox doesn't use libipoddevice for ipod
> detection... :)

That sent me back to work. I built rhythmbox from scratch as so:

$ ./configure --with-ipod --enable-track-transfer

FC7 rpm does not have "--enable-track-transfer". Sure enough, that fixes the
problem (sort of), I can now drag tracks to my iPod. If iPod writing is now
turned on by default then shouldn't track transfer be turned on as well? As
I've learned, iPod writing doesn't do you any good without track transfer.
iPod support, as in reading, works without it, but not writing.

Not on to the sort of. As I said I can drag tracks to my iPod. I then select
'Eject' for the iPod but when I press play on it I get the blinking light
error that there's no data. Plug it back in rb says there are tracks. Eject
it, close rb and start gtkpod. gtkpod shows tracks. Eject it and then unmount
it using the desktop icon (gtkpod doesn't unmount it I guess because it
doesn't do gnome-vfs?). Then I press play on it and music plays fine. So it
seems rhythmbox is not doing something (syncing db?) that gtkpod does do.

What sort of debugging data should I provide to track this down?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Bodnar
jason shakabuku org

UnWired Buyer. The best way to win on eBay. Period.
http://www.unwiredbuyer.com