Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Writing to iPod

Hi Jason,

Whereas gtkpod uses a very simple model where you have to manually
figure stuff out and mount your iPod somewhere, there are actually a
lot of moving pieces required to get the iPod working seamlessly with
Rhythmbox. HAL, dbus, gnome-volume-manager, pmount and libipoddevice
all need to work together. If any piece breaks, the whole thing
doesn't work.

That said, try some of the stuff suggested here:
http://banshee-project.org/Troubleshooting/iPod

[yes, it's for Banshee, but both Banshee and Rhythmbox use largely the
same infrastructure to talk to iPods]

One thing that bit me the first time I tried was that I was not in the
'plugdev' group. You might look into that.

Have fun,
Peter