Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Generic MP3 player support

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 01:38:07AM +1000, James Doc Livingston wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 12:55 +0200, Christian Becke wrote:
> > Now I can't wait to see track transfer to generic player devices! :)
> >
> > I had a look at plugins/generic-player/rb-generic-player-source.c
> > and sources/rb-ipod-source.c. What I had to do is implement
> > impl_receive_drag and impl_paste functions plus some uri transformation
> > magic for impl_paste, right?
> >
> > If no one else is working on this, I will give it a try...
>
> I believe Jonathan has been doing some work on this, but I don't really
> know much more.

I've just attached a patch to bug 76528.  It basically works, but it
doesn't do transcoding, probably won't handle out of space errors very
well, doesn't give me enough control over the directory structure, and
the transfer status reporting is a bit ugly.