Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Generic MP3 player support

Am Mittwoch, den 09.08.2006, 14:49 +1000 schrieb James "Doc" Livingston:
> On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 02:24 +0200, Christian Becke wrote:
> > I'm trying to get rb to recognise my Archos Gmini 400 (usb mass storage
> > mp3 player).
>   <snip>
> > Is the Archos Gmini 400 supposed to work with the generic player plugin?
> > What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> The FDI file says it's a normal storage-based player, so it should work.
>
> Can you check the plugins (Edit->Plugins) to make sure it's enabled? The
> log reports the plugin being loaded, but not activated. It should be
> enabled by default, but might not be if the gconf schema wasn't
> installed correctly.

As simple as that! Activating the plugin did it, thanks. "Edit->Plugins"
didn't work, though, because the plugin was hidden - had to do it with
gconf-editor.

Now I can't wait to see track transfer to generic player devices! :)

I had a look at plugins/generic-player/rb-generic-player-source.c
and sources/rb-ipod-source.c. What I had to do is implement
impl_receive_drag and impl_paste functions plus some uri transformation
magic for impl_paste, right?

If no one else is working on this, I will give it a try...

Regards,

Christian