Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Last.fm Integration Patch #5

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 08:12 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 06:29:39PM +0200, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 22:44 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> > > OK.  I've removed that call, and fixed a few other bugs.  One reasonably
> > > important one was that we weren't URI-encoding '&' characters, which
> > > was causing submission failures.  Updated file still at
> > > http://j.kaolin.hn.org/rhythmbox/rb-audioscrobbler.c
> > >
> > > If anyone else notices submissions queueing for no apparent reason,
> > > please post the first few lines of the cache file
> > > (~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/audioscrobbler.cache) (unless you think that would
> > > incriminate you..) so we can check if there are other characters we need
> > > to encode.
> >
> > Fantastic work, really priceless!
> >
> > I've added some code so it will only write the queue to disk if it has
> > been changed (the submission server seemed down, and it looks like it
> > was writing the queue file every 15 seconds).
>
> Good idea.
>
> I'm going to valgrind the whole thing to check for memory leaks, but
> once that's done, I'm out of suggestions for improvements.

Seems like it's pretty much done then yeah. I should have a look at how
the lastfm:// protocol works, but that's an entirely different patch.

> > Slightly off-topic: To me, your play queue was one of the most useful
> > things in the merge branch, any chance this thing will be ported to the
> > current CVS tree?
>
> I'm working on it.  I got it basically working, but then I realised the
> approach I'd taken spread the queue logic all over the place, and doing
> it properly will involve reworking a lot of code.  There are still UI
> issues to sort out, too.

The whole "I want it as a big box" vs "I want it as a playlist" thing?
Instead of permanently hiding the Now Playing playlist, why not only
hide it when "Show queue" has been selected (thus you can easily toggle
between both UIs). But that's something for another thread :-)

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.Lambda1.be/