Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Last.fm Integration Patch #4

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 21:12 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 10:08:00PM +0200, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 21:26 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:

> > > I'm not sure the queue handling is right, but I haven't done any testing
> > > to be sure about it.  It seems that rb_audioscrobbler_save_queue only
> > > appends to the queue file, so entries written to the queue file will
> > > never be removed.  I'm not sure it should just overwrite the queue file
> > > either, but I don't know why I think that.
> >
> > Where do you see it appending? It does clear my queue as needed, old
> > entries are removed correctly (atleast over here).
>
> I've since noticed that it does clear the queue properly, so I'm a bit
> confused.  After opening the queue file, it seeks to the end of it:
>
> if (result == GNOME_VFS_OK)
> 	result = gnome_vfs_seek (handle, GNOME_VFS_SEEK_END, 0);
>
> since that doesn't seem to do anything at all, maybe that code should
> just be removed.

That was there because I mis-remembered what the C file open-modes were.
I was thinking that "w+" mean append, when it actually means something
else. I'm not sure why my original vfs-ify patch worked, but somehow it
did.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.