Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox connecting to iTunes shared music on another machine

On 09/11/05, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan kaolin hn org> wrote:

> You should also check that your IP addresses and netmasks are set up so
> that the machines are in the same subnet.  Since the laptop is
>, it should have a netmask of, and the XP
> machine should be 192.168.1.x with the same netmask.

And you should ensure that the firewall doesn't block udp traffic
to/from mDNS broadcast address port 5353. I use
firestarter on my linux box and it doesn't have gui to do that - I had
to add a couple of lines to its config file (see ).