Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox connecting to iTunes shared music on another machine

Il giorno mar, 08/11/2005 alle 18.26 +0000, Bastien Nocera ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 16:25 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> <snip>
> > Not sure, but maybe every Zeroconf/Bonjour implementation could be
> > potentially incompatible.
> >
> > There was a thread in September on desktop-devel-list about switch from
> > howl to avahi in GNOME Desktop and there should be more info on this
> > page: http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/avahi-compat.html
> >
> > I repeat: I'm not sure this could be the reason of your issue, 'cause I
> > don't know if implementation means simply API/ABI or sending data over
> > the network.
>
> The latter, which means that unless there is a bug in Avahi, it
> shouldn't be that.
> Look for avahi's equivalent of "mDNSBrowse _daap._tcp" to see whether
> you can see the Windows' iTunes from your machine.

[luca redrum ~]$ avahi-browse -h
/opt/gnome/bin/avahi-browse [options] <type>

   -h --help      Show this help
   -d --domain    The domain to browse
   -a --all       Show all services, regardless of the type

Or the graphical tool 'avahi-discover'