Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play queue patch #0

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 15:37 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> This implements the queue as both a source and a sidebar, and allows you
> to switch between them using a menu item (or Ctrl-K (shortcut picked at
> random)).  While this adds what amounts to another preference, I don't
> think there's much of an alternative in this case.

Given the two different ways of using the queue (as discussed many times
on the list), I don't think there is any other option unless we find
something better for one of the two use cases.

> According to the current Rhythmbox release theory, this won't be
> committed to CVS until after 0.9.2 is released.  Until then, please test
> it and tell me what I've broken and what could work better.  If anyone
> wants to review the code, that'd be really helpful too.  I should be
> able to break it down into three or four distinct more manageable
> patches if needed.

Breaking it into patches would make it easier to review, and let us gets
bits into cvs at a time. Some things I've notices from some testing and
a quick look over the code:

* The sidebar queue size isn't remembered between sessions, resetting to
the default height. This should just be a matter of storing it in a
gconf key.

* rhythmdb_query_model_move_entry works by deleting and adding the
entry. I might be better to use

* The shuffle and linear-loop play orders always return true for
has_{previous,next}, even when the model contains no entries. They may
have done this without the patch, and doesn't cause any problems beside
the button being enabled, so it isn't that important.

* in eos_cb (rb-shell-player), rb_source_handle_eos occasionally gets
called with current_playing_source=NULL. As this is inside a if
(current_playing_source != NULL), so something odd is happening

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"It's times like this I wish I'd listened to my Mother."
"Why, what did she say?"