Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Auto Playlists: sorting

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 00:20 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> As you asked for a week or two ago I've shuffled the Add/Remove buttons
> around. Every criteria now has a remove button (so you can remove the
> last one), but there are still a few things that need sorting out 1)
> where to put the add button, I've got it below the remove buttons, but
> would above be better? 2) You can remove all of the criteria. I was
> about to make it so you can't do this, but then I though it might be
> useful to sort & limit with no criteria (e.g. most played songs).
> Comments?

I've played around with the automatic playlist dialog for some time now.
Having the add button below the remove buttons makes perfectly sense to
me because that's the place where the next criteria is added.

And being able to remove all the criterias is very handy e.g. to sort
all songs by rating or playcount.

> Any text entry criteria that is empty is now ignored (i.e. a blank
> artist now does nothing, rather than matching all).

Sorry if I don't get the point but: What's the difference between
"matching all" and "being ignored"? In both cases it selects all tracks,
or?

> I'm thinking of adding "First Seen" to the possible sort orders, which
> would mean adding it to the possible columns too. Earlier this arvo I
> was about to sort my "recently added" by when I added them, but I
> couldn't. Would anyone want this as a (potentially visible) column?

No opinion on this.

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558