Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Two new patches, and a RFC

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 21:08 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> Now for my request for comments: fixing it so that playlists are updated
> when the rating of a songs changes bring up an issues that was in 0.8.
> What should happen if a song is removed from a playlist while it is
> playing? (this will be fairly common for anyone who has an "unrated
> songs" playlist).
>
> Currently it stops the song - which I don't think is the right thing to
> do, because I still want to be listening to it after I rate it as good.
> The other two options I can think of are to remove the song from the
> list (but don't stop it), or to remove the song from the list after it
> has finished playing. Any comments on what you think is best?

My vote goes to removing the song after it finished playing. Removing it
and keep playing would also be fine but stopping playback is indeed A
Bad Thing(tm). :-)

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558