Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] My Rhythmbox Hacking ToDo

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 11:09 +0600, Haran Shivanan wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 15:55 +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> > Allowing you to have more complicated playlist conditions than a
> > simple A and B and C, or A or B or C. I don't think it'd be that hard
> > to do, but designing a UI that makes sense could be very difficult.
> How about adding "Last Played" and "Play Count" to the criteria? So that
> you can, you know, create a playlist of songs you havn't heard recently.
> Or am I the only one who wants such a thing?

No, that would be fantastic for me as well.

While we're requesting automatic playlist features, I think it would be
really cool to have an automatic playlist for music that has been added
in the last week/month/whatever (a la itunes). This is my most missed
feature from itunes, as it's very hard keeping track of my newest music.

I'm not sure if rhythmdb supports this, but even having a field for file
modification date would be good enough for me.

Of course, if I'm the only one interested in this, I don't think there's
any point in implementing it.