Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play Queue Bounty

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:05:55PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Le vendredi 25 mars 2005 ?? 00:03 +1000, Jonathan Matthew a ??crit :
> > On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:58:40PM +1100, James Livingston wrote:
> >
> > If this is the same crash I'm seeing every now and then
> > ('assertion failed: (rhythmdb_get_readonly (db) == FALSE)'),
> > it looks like a threading issue.  Fun.  I don't get it nearly as often
> > as you say you do, though.. are you on an SMP machine?
>
> There's a fix for that crash in my playbin branch, but it's not perfect,
> since things can become really slow when there are lots of these
> messages at the same time.

Great.  This also answers a number of other questions I hadn't
bothered to ask yet, such as "why isn't rhythmdb_entry_queue_set
implemented, and what needs to be done there?".  That's been the main
thing stopping me from moving to 0.9 to give it some more testing.
It looks like the queue changes will almost apply cleanly to the playbin
branch, so I'll give it a go.

-jonathan