Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Storage based mp3 players

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 06:34:01PM +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> I'm currently (in my audiocd branch) working on stuff that should make
> create removable media sources easier. It still needs a fair bit of
> work, and there are quite a few bugs in it. Basically what it does is
> monitor for GnomeVfsVolume mounts and pass them off to whatever can
> handle them.

Unfortunately, this doesn't handle mp3 players like the iriver ifp flash
players who arne't using UMS.  Thats harder to do without explicit
volume support ala ipod.  gnome-vfs doesn't quite allow you to do this
properly and I haven't had time to investigate yet how to do it.

That said, I'll check out your branch since I have an interest in it as
well.

sri