Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox archive

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:58:54AM +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 11:40:43PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > [Somebody wrote ...]
> > > patch-39
> > >     possibly fix weirdness with cursor position jumping while editing
> > > search box (#171008)
> >
> > As I can't reproduce the problem, I won't commit this one just yet (only
> > appears on "slower" machines?)
>
> I can reproduce it on a 3GHz P4 with around 10000 songs in rhythmdb.
> It's entirely subjective, but I find the search box is much easier to
> use with this patch in place.

As another data point, I've also seen this behavior, on a 1.7 GHz
Pentium M with around 3700 songs in the database.  I haven't figured out
what triggers it, since it only happens sometimes.

I haven't noticed it in the merge branch, but I also haven't been using
it for all that long either, so I can't say whether or not this patch
fixes it.