Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxRoadmap

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 21:32 +0200, Øivind Hoel wrote:
> I'm not too sure how keen I really am on the idea of only ever playing
> from a queue, as I tend to play randomly from my extensive music
> library, but with the "enqueue playlist" functionality you pointed out
> in that mail [1], I'm sure I can live with the change.

There are intuitive ways around this.

There would still be auto-playlists.  There would be a 'shuffle' option
for the queue.  So just have an auto-playlist that includes all your
music and have 'shuffle' selected et voila it works.

If I do implement this as a patch, I would make sure all such concerns
are covered first.  It shouldn't regress Rhythmbox functionality, just
make it more intuitive.  (So, yeah, keep the concerns coming.)

In fact, I'd probably say that Rhythmbox should ship with a few default
auto-playlists - am I right in implying it doesn't already?  Such as
'Best Music' (i.e. 5* songs).

- C