Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] AudioCD Support

Hi Matt!

on 01/15/2005 08:57 AM, Matt Jones wrote:
> That's a result of me rolling-back an inline fix done by Jon McCann
> (forgive me if the spelling is off) - it gives me similar errors if
> applied, but seems to give you those errors if not applied.
Some different libs/devs versions? Or gcc?
=====
luca gismo:~$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/specs
Configured with: ../src/configure -v
- --enable-languages=c,c++,java,f77,pascal,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr
- --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
- --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/3.3 --enable-shared
- --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext
- --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-debug
- --enable-java-gc=boehm --enable-java-awt=xlib --enable-objc-gc i486-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-6)
luca gismo:~$
=====

> I've attached the patch to fix this, as I probably won't be committing
> it to my arch repository (until, at least, someone finds a fix or even
> why it's happening).
>
> Apply the patch with "patch -p1 < inline.patch"
Ok, thank you. Now your latest patch-10 compiles, but again (like for
patch-0.6) when I insert an AudioCD this is not detected.

> Oh, and thanks for running the test program i sent out. What version of
> gnome-vfs and hal do you have? what distro are you running? are you
> using the default packages for gnome-vfs? I think it not working has
> something to do with fedora's gnome-vfs including hal support, when
> other distros don't. but i have no idea.
Ok, here my GNU/Linux:
- - Debian unstable/experimental (upgraded every night)
- - XFree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-10 & GNOME 2.8.1
- - gnome-vfs 2.8.3-8
- - gnome-vfs-daap 0.2-2 [1]
- - hal 0.4.5-1
- - dbus 0.23-1

> I'll work on a workaround soon
> (moving back to college tomorrow, so will be a bit busy for the next
> couple of days), which will probably be some form of polling.
IMHO a workaround is necessary if you want to let compile the AudioCD
support without HAL, but I don't know if new versins of GNOME requires
HAL or not.

Don't miss your college ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca