Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Automatic Playlist UI work

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 19:31 +0200, S.P. van Noort wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are your thoughts about more complicated automatic playlists where
> you can group certain elements. For example a query like this is as far
> as I know not possible in the current layout:
>
>   All songs from Queen or Radiohead with more than 3 stars
>
> In a query-form:
>
>   (artist="Queen" or artist="Radiohead") and rating>=3.0
>
> I guess the problem is not so much in the code, as well in finding a
> intuitive GUI for it.

There is a patch by Gabriel de Perthuis which does this for the search
box in the library. See this thread:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2005-March/msg00141.html

If you want to give it a try, it is currently in
olemke core-dump info--2005/rhythmbox--playground--0.9

Having it only for the search box is not very intuitive. But as you
said, it would be difficult to wrap a proper gui around it.

--
so long,
oliver

Public GPG Key: http://www.core-dump.info/olemke-public.asc
Fingerprint: 2389 0B2C 1AA8 4E3E D5AD 3B72 00DB ABDC 73ED C558