Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Interface ideas

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 17:24 +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> Do we need a totally new play queue source, or would some tweaks of the
> current playlist source be enough? This is what I'm wondering at the
> moment...

In my opinion, treating the queue a playlist in any way is wrong. While
from a programming standpoint, it might be advantageous to implement the
queue as a playlist, it doesnt make sense for the user interface. When I
think of a queue in music software, I see it as something that, as long
as there are items in it, supercedes the current source, whether that be
a playlist, shoutcast stream, or the library, not as a source in
itself.

I like what Jonathan is proposing. I just hope that the queue
functionality is not tied to a playlist source. The "remove played
entries" type playlist is a neat feature I'm sure many will find use
for, and IMO is worth implementing. I feel that it is important for
usability to not call this the play queue in any way.

Logically I should be able to have a playlist with "remove played
entries" enabled as the selected source, and then put songs from that
list into the queue.

--
Juha Sorensen :: demosh kolumbus fi

Hvorfor bruger kvinder make-up og parfume?!?
- Fordi de er grimme og de lugter!!!!