Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Evolution of the album cover support in rhythmbox

Fredrik Noring wrote:
tor 2004-11-18 klockan 10:00 +0100 skrev Christophe Fergeau:
This won't work for ogg or flac files

I suppose both the ogg and flac metadata formats can be extended to be as flexible as the mp3 metadata format. If not, well, maybe these files will have to rely on some other method.

Matroska (http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/faq/index.html) comes to the rescue. It can wrap FLAC, Ogg Vorbis and MP3 files, among others.

(besides I don't like much images embedded in id3 tags ;)
It's logical if you think about it. :)