[Rhythmbox-devel] 0.9 release and inclusion in Gnome 2.10?

(subscribed and resent)

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to
Rhythmbox for helping to build the best music player I have ever used on
any operating system.  You guys rock.

Secondly, I'm curious what the release schedule for 0.9 looks like. I
heard that some long requested features have made it into the 0.9 tree
and I can't wait to try them out, namely:
* Audio CD burning
* Automatic rescanning of folders in your library
* ID3 tag editing
If the release is not imminent, I need some help building from arch:
What are the build requirements?  Are there some basic instruction on
how to compile rhythmbox?

Finally, I saw here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-
October/msg00407.html that the Gnome Foundation is now taking module
proposals for Gnome 2.10.  I know Rhythmbox was proposed previously, but
the developers backed out because they felt it was not ready.

On behalf of Rhythmbox and Gnome users everywhere, I'd like to encourage
you to propose Rhythmbox 0.9 for inclusion in Gnome 2.10.  It is
definitely ready stability-wise, 0.9 adds a feature that Gnome
desperately needs - audio CD burning, it fills a niche in the multimedia
desktop, and inclusion will bring Rhythmbox a wider user base and the
possibility of further desktop integration.

Thanks again, and happy hacking!

--
Damian Christey <christey csee wvu edu>